Deciding to sell your home is a big decision with many moving parts. If you hire the right Realtor and put the right price on it you’ll have a successful outcome. Below are some tips on what to do after you’ve made the decision that it’s time to move onto greener pastures.
1. Hire a Realtor that has an intimate knowledge of your neighborhood.
2. Be open and honest with your agent at all times. They can’t provide you with the best service if they aren’t clear about your needs, wants and expectations. The right Realtor will take the time to explore what you expect from them and the home selling process.
3. Price it right!!!! Statistically the longer your home sits on the market the less money you’ll make. The buyers will believe that your home has something wrong with it and pass it up for others. If you remember nothing else on this list remember this one!
4. Make your home accessible to be viewed by the buyers. The easier it is to show the better your chances of selling it.
5. Stage your home. You aren’t going to get a second chance at a first impression. Put away the nick nacks and remove excess funiture so your home appears larger than it is. If it’s dark buy extra lamps, paint it a nice light neutral color and open the blinds.
6. Property sells year around, not just in the summer time. In the winter you’ll have less competition from other sellers and the buyers out looking at that time are probably very serious about buying.
7. If you’ve had a lot of showings and no offers go back to step #3, if you’ve had hardly any showings and no offers go back to step #3, if people aren’t coming in or calling about it at all, you’ve totally missed the mark on price go back and re-evaluate your price! Re-adjust it quickly and I’m sure you’ll have a SOLD property in no time.
Please let me know how I can assist you with your real estate needs!
- Commercial real estate recovery extending 3 years but retail retrenching, survey shows February 17, 2018
- Buying a Bay Area home is now a stretch even for Apple and Google engineers February 16, 2018
- Last year's housing market broke records February 14, 2018
- East Village: 'They are creating a skid row' February 13, 2018
- Salsa singer Marc Anthony lowers Tarzana home price in hopes of wooing a buyer February 12, 2018